Frequently Asked Questions
Wood Wick Candle Care:
- Always trim wood wicks to 1/8” - 3/16” before burning and discard any ash or charred wood before re-lighting.
- NEVER burn candle for longer than 2-3 hours.
- When burning for the first time, be sure to allow wax to melt all the way across (until melted wax touches the walls of the jar) in order to avoid tunneling. This will extend the life of your candle and help it to burn more effectively upon future use.
- Be sure to burn in an area away from children, pets, and other flammable items, such as curtains and other fabrics.
- Do not leave lit candles unattended.
- When the candle reaches 1/2” of wax remaining in the jar, discard and discontinue burning.
- If you experience trouble getting candle to stay lit, be sure to trim off ash or charred wood. Also avoid letting this debris fall into the wax, as that could also cause burning difficulty.
- Failure to follow these guidelines could render your candle/s to be less or non-functional.
Here at Persephone Light Co., I (Sarah, the designer) am a one woman show. I do my best to ship out orders as soon as possible, however, order turn around time can be up to 2-3 weeks, especially during this time of uncertainty with a global pandemic at hand. If you are in great need of a quicker turn around time, please contact me, as we may be able to work this out via an increased cost for expedited processing and shipping.
Shipping rates are decided by weight and current rates via USPS. The time that elapses from shipment to delivery is out of my hands, however, if a significant amount of time has passed since shipment, please send me an email and I will do my best to rectify the issue, should one have arisen. My customers’ satisfaction is important to, as without you, this little business of mine could not exist - you are very important to me and I will answer your inquiries as quickly as I can, in the order they were received.
I do my best to create product descriptions that are accurate and give a detailed idea of the look and scent profile of each product. Due to the nature of this business, I cannot accept returns. Please read product descriptions carefully. However, please feel free to reach out to me via the contact us page should you be dissatisfied with a product you’ve purchased. Should a product or products be damaged in transit, I would ask that you send me detailed photographs of both the outer packaging and the damaged product/s and I will work with you to resolve the issue.