Frequently Asked Questions
Wood Wick Candle Care:
- Always trim wood wicks to 1/8” - 3/16” before burning and discard any ash or charred wood before re-lighting.
- NEVER burn candle for longer than 2-3 hours.
- When burning for the first time, be sure to allow wax to melt all the way across (until melted wax touches the walls of the jar) in order to avoid tunneling. This will extend the life of your candle and help it to burn more effectively upon future use.
- Be sure to burn in an area away from children, pets, and other flammable items, such as curtains and other fabrics.
- Do not leave lit candles unattended.
- When the candle reaches 1/2” of wax remaining in the jar, discard and discontinue burning.
- If you experience trouble getting candle to stay lit, be sure to trim off ash or charred wood. Also avoid letting this debris fall into the wax, as that could also cause burning difficulty.
- Failure to follow these guidelines could render your candle/s to be less or non-functional.
Here at Persephone Light Co., I (Sarah, the designer) am a one woman show. I do my best to ship out orders as soon as possible, however, order turn around time can be up to 2-3 weeks, especially during this time of uncertainty with a global pandemic at hand. If you are in great need of a quicker turn around time, please contact me, as we may be able to work this out via an increased cost for expedited processing and shipping.
We offer FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ITEMS PURCHASED ON OUR SITE THAT SHIP TO THE CONTINENTAL US! Shipping rates for wholesale or larger, custom orders are based on the current rates offered through USPS, UPS, FedEx, and/or DHL. I will do my best to estimate this cost for you, however, the customer is ultimately responsible for the full cost of shipping any wholesale or custom orders.
I do my best to create product descriptions that are accurate and give a detailed idea of the look and scent profile of each product. Due to the nature of this business, I cannot accept returns. Please read product descriptions carefully. However, please feel free to reach out to me via the contact us page should you be dissatisfied with a product you’ve purchased. Should a product or products be damaged in transit, I would ask that you send me detailed photographs of both the outer packaging and the damaged product/s and I will work with you to resolve the issue - in some cases, the customer may need to file a claim with the postal carrier. Although this can be arduous, the package receiver is often better able to resolve the issue due to being in possession of the package and damaged items and you will likely receive a faster turn around without a member of Persephone acting simply as a middle man.